Saturday, July 08, 2006

12 times 3 is (not) 48

Last weekend I finally started on my blocks for Kate's half-square-triangle sampler swap. I started with the black and red blocks, so that I could include Kate and Michelle's blocks with the sets of June lotto blocks they won.

Each of the sawtooth square blocks contains 12 HST units and one large one ... I started doing the math and realized I'd be making 260 HSTs by the time I'd finished my blocks for the swap. It was daunting ... so much so that when I started making HSTs for the three red blocks, I multiplied 12 times 3 and came up with 48 ;-)

After recovering from that mistake, I proceeded to sew right side to wrong side when making the pink block, decided I was too distracted and put the blocks away until today.

Things in the studio went smoother today ... and I'm happy to report my new status: 169 HSTs done, 91 HSTs (in blue and neutral) to go.

black sawtooth square green sawtooth square purple sawtooth square
sunset sawtooth square red sawtooth square pink sawtooth square
gold sawtooth square brown sawtooth square second black sawtooth square

With each color I find myself saying, I wish I would have decided on this colorway ... these are going to be very pretty quilts, I think.

No comments: