Sunday, August 13, 2006

I'm ready

When I sent off 40 scrappy Buckeye blocks to swap, I knew that to make the bedsize quilt I wanted, I'd need 24 more blocks. When someone else in the swap posted a message about how they wished they'd swapped more blocks, I suggested to her that she use the time until the swapped blocks come back to make extra blocks. Last weekend and (mostly) this one, I followed my own advice and made those 24 blocks.

24 extra blocks

It seems the sooner I work on swap blocks, the more likely I am to finish the quilt. I wanted to be ready ... and now, I am ;-)

1 comment:

Susan said...

I like the pattern that comes out with all these blocks. I never thought of coloring it that way. it's a relatively simple block, but when put together your way, it seems much more complicated. That's the effect I like! Thanks for sharing pics.