Saturday, February 24, 2007

Signs of Spring

After a few sunny days and high temperatures in the 30's, it's been feeling a little like spring ... despite a major winter storm which is on the way and the fact that the entire mitten is covered with winter storm warnings through Monday morning.

Still, today I picked up fresh asparagus (from Mexico) and made a simple pasta with it, red pepper and smoked salmon. With a nice glass of chardonnay, it seemed like a perfect Spring al fresco meal and I started looking forward to dinner on the patio overlooking the pond.

When I saw Becca's pieced top on the Quilting forum today, it also seemed to be a harbinger of spring. Quilts made from 30's repros always make me smile.

The blocks came from a swap Colene hosted last fall. I love the skinny sashing and scrappy cornerstones between the blocks. Becca was looking for suggestions for borders. I think whichever way she decides to go, it's going to be a beautiful quilt.


If you have a great border idea for Becca, surf over to about.com and join the discussion.

No comments: